JOB TITLE - ALLEGIANT AIR
CLASS TITLE: Customer Service-Ground Operations (Cross Utilized) Agent
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Responsibilities will also include ground operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations and commissary duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ideal candidate must be people-oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats.
- Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements.
- Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate.
- Ensure FAA, Allegiant Air and airport regulations are followed.
- Enforce safety/security measures and monitor safety-sensitive zones.
- Assist Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need assistance in boarding.
- Load and unload baggage and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas.
- Marshal in the planes and push back the aircraft.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy.
- Work in extreme outdoor conditions.
- Ability to push/pull/lift 70 lbs on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Coordinate, provide training and ensure training requirements are met for all employees, i.e., new hire, recurrent, supplemental and local training issues.
- Must be available to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to stay late for irregular operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
- Able to attend required training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer skills. Knowledge of general office equipment.
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to carry 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Airport environment: indoor and outdoor. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.